Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How- to; Eraser Earrings



I love, love, love erasers. madly. This is one collection that I have managed to keep tame, in my massive hording of supplies..but I just couldn't resist these cutie little Lisa Frank erasers. As I tried to convince myself that indeed they should come home with me..I challenged me to make something with them..and thus the Eraser earrings were created..(loud claps of thunder in the background..)



Here are my two favorite designs from the pack..I added a few vintage crystals and some other silver findings to finish them off!



Here's what you need to make your own! Two really cute erasers..or not cute, if you prefer, two headpins, two earring hanger-y things and some jewelery making tools like needlenose plyers and wire cutters.



Carefully push a headpin through the core of the eraser. Go slowly so as not to go through the face of the eraser..this takes some practice.



Pull the pin the rest of the way through with the plyers and then wrap.



close-up of the wrapping..on another pair of star eraser earrings..Loop these on to the earrings and voila! Eraser earrings!



of course..now I'm looking at erasers in a whole new light..love me some donut earrings! or do I hear charm bracelet??

5 comments:

  1. oh my god you are a genius!! so brilliantly adorable and simple to make....and hello now i want to go to craigs and stock up!!!!! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an eraser collector with a ton of doubles -- especially these mini types. I can't wait to make a set. All my friends know that I'm a nut for erasers, so they will totally flip for these. Thanks.
    Micki
    P.S. If you're interested in checking out my collections..... www.erasernut.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Micki!! I love your collection! I bet you'll make some to die for earrings! Charm bracelet? how funn!!!!

    xoxo e

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that Google brought your site up for my search - it helped
    my webpage > http://netlab.cs.uwaterloo.ca/pweb/AlvaH16

    ReplyDelete